- You sign up here. They ask for your cycling ability, and 'wobbly' is fine!
- Take the 8am ferry from Changi Ferry Terminal
- Hire a bike from one of the bike hire shops to the left of the jetty for the whole day. Check the brakes, gears and other parts of the bicycle - cycle around the village until you feel everything is working, and you are comfortable with the bike height and saddle.
- Meet the volunteers at the Pulau Ubin Volunteer Hub at 8.30 am
- The tour takes between 3.5 and 4 hours, so have lunch at one of the seafood restaurants afterwards.
Pedal Ubin strongly recommends that you wear a helmet, although you will not be travelling fast, it could save your life in a freak accident.
What to bring:
- At least 1.5 liters of drinking water per person.
- Some snacks in case if you are the sort that gets hungry before lunch.
- A change of clothes is recommended - you will get very sweaty!
- A cap and/or raincoat as it can get very hot, it also rain a lot!
- Insect repellent, especially if you are vulnerable to insect bites.
- Have a GOOD breakfast before the ride.
- Wear shoes (covered-toes and laced), not flip flops.
The tour is free, all you need to pay for is your ferry ticket ($4 return)and you bike hire (S$6-S$10), and your delicious and well deserved lunch at the end. Good luck and enjoy!